Hello beautiful! Such a great day.
You never know what the day will bring, good…bad…indifferent.
Today most unexpected occurred.
I have been seeing a spot of fluid under my van for about a month now. I have taken it to 3 different places, all said everything looks good. Monday took it in for my regular oil change and they said I needed 3 liters of coolant. Hmm, that does not sound right.
SO back to a mechanic I go.
AAHH I am NOT crazy as I was starting to feel! My radiator was shot. SERIOUSLY!?
OK, I feel better only in the sense I knew there was something not right. With all the driving I do with my job I seriously could have been stranded, so I am glad to be getting it taken care of.
Being homebound lends me to be able to do what I love…get in the test kitchen.
So that is what I did.
I bring you my final for a heart chili that in my opinion by far is my best yet.
We love chili here, especially when the weather turns cold.
I use a GF flour as mY darling daughter id gluten intolerant and things just go better for her the less gluten she has.
I find this really is key helping it to stay together after hours of soaking and bathing in all the chili goodness.
Chop chop chop
The spice of life,…and chili!
The final product of hearty yummy goodness!
- 2 pounds steak, cubed
- 2T flour, I use GF
- 1T Canola Oil
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can of water
- 15 oz black black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Green pepper, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2T minced garlic
- 1T Onion Powder
- 1T Gralic Powder
- 1T Cumin
- 1T Chili Powder
- 1T Cinnamon
- 1T Paprika
- 1/4 Ground Nutmeg
- Cut up steak and place in plastic bag with flour and give a good shake.
- Pour the tomatoes, sauce, water and beans in crock-pot.
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown steak pieces.
- Place in crock-pot when done.
- Dice peppers and onions.
- Add to crock-pot along with garlic.
- Add spices.
- Mix well.
- Set crock-pot on low for 8 hours.
- Add toppings of choice. We use cheese, avocado and sour cream.
Looking forward to being back on the road again.
Until next time…