Hello all you beautiful people, thanks for popping in today. I hope you are well and today has been fantabulous.
Oh yes the cool temps are here that is for sure.
You know what that means don’t you?
It is time for soups and chili! Oh my yum.
I made my first batch yesterday and mmmm good.
It hit the spot perfectly.
The news had been reporting that our colors this year were probably not going to be all that spectacular.
Oh how wrong they were and I am so happy they were.
The colors have been absolutely stunning!
I LOVE a fall crisp day, the animals do as well. Even the older ones seem to get a bit more pep in their step.
Time for new beginnings.
New memories to be cherished.
I know the leaves change where we may be moving, but not like here in New England. So torn.
Until then here is another recipe to give a whirl if you wish.
- 2 lb butternut squash, peeled, scooped out and diced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 small onion, cut
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 T curry powder
- 1/2 tsea salt
- 2 scoops plain protein powder, vegetable based
- 7 oz canned lite coconut milk
- Place all ingredients except protein powder and coconut milk in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Scoop carefully into blender*, add protein powder and coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- *Can do in batches depending on your blender or use an immersion blender in crockpot.
What are some of your Fall Fave Foods?
Until next time…